This is an outstanding annual Australia-wide Rotary recognition program acknowledging exceptional service to others by people with disabilities.
Clubs may nominate people who meet the criteria and all nominees will receive recognition with a Certificate of Commendation. The 'Shine On' recognition acknowledges service to the community by people with disabilities.
Guidelines for Nomination
- Eligible Nominees are people who are actively involved in community service for the benefit of others and have demonstrated a significant level of achievement whilst managing a specific medical disorder/disability.
- A Rotary Club must endorse all nominations for the Rotary Southern Districts’ ‘Shine On’ recognition program.
- Nominations may be made by clubs, associations or individuals aged 21 years and over. A nominee must sign a consent form and include a small or passport sized photo.
Download the Application Form
Nominations close on Friday 15 December 2017.
The Shine On event will be held on 22 April 2018 at Meadows Greyhound Racing Function Centre in Northgate Drive, Broadmeadows, and hosted by the Rotary Club of Moreland.
Eligibility Criteria for a Nominee
- She/he is an Australian citizen and has been for at least three years
- She/he has a specific disability, and
- She/he has consistently given dedicated service to the community
- Young Nominees: aged 15 years to 25 years (at closing date for nominations)
- Adult Nominees: aged 25 years and over
Required information supporting a nomination
- Consent Form signed by the Nominee
- Information demonstrating nominee's personal achievements
- Information re: leadership and/or special service to his/her community
- References (at least two) verifying achievements
Examples of personal achievement:
- Leadership and/or mentoring of others with the disability
- Membership and/or leadership in community groups
- Service to the community and/or a history of community achievement
- Other special awards or forms of recognition
- A previous nominee may be proposed no less than four years after initial nomination when further achievements have been demonstrated.
- Any club or association may nominate more than one person.
- Include your local Rotary Club's name; contact person; phone/email details and address.
For more information, please contact, Louise Bugeja, Rotary Club of Hoppers Crossing.
Share this with your friends